Walks In Spain | Walking holidays Spain

Walking holidays Spain


Walking Holidays In Spain - Walking holidays, trekking holidays, hiking holidays are becoming more popular and the Spanish Tourist Board is seeing a large increase in the number of people looking for walking holidays in Spain. If you are one of the people looking to take a Walking holiday in Spain, or a trekking or hiking holidays in Spain, please read this post and leave a comment.

I received an email on one of my other sites looking for information on walking holidays In Spain and I thought it might be of interest to the people that visit this sight.

People take walking holidays for a number of different reasons, health, to see a country from a different perspective, or just to be more active than they are in their normal lives.

I know many people look down on others that like a more active holiday. I even had one friend who liked outdoor activities, including walking and hiking, described as a tree hugging, left wing hippy. I think that some people still see walkers and backpackers as wearing woolly hats and walking shoes, with grey socks pulled up to the knee. Until you've tried exploring a place on foot, you don't know what you are missing.

When you go on you next holiday to Spain just try leaving the beach for the day and having a walk around, you will be amazed at what you find. For those of you that think I'm trying to send you on a ten-mile trek up a mountain relax, just try exploring the back streets of the resort you are staying at. Even if you have been to the same place year after year, if you take a walk you are guaranteed to find somewhere you didn't know existed.

For those of you that are not averse to exploring a place on foot, but are not up to a full blown walking holiday in Spain, take a car or bus to the nearest town away from the tourist area and have a walk around. By doing this you will find some really interesting places.

I myself have been on a walking holiday in Spain, but I must admit that I am no expert on walking holidays, trekking holidays, hiking holidays or what ever you want to define them as. However, I do know Spain and have stayed in some stunning places.

If you are interested in a walking holiday in Spain, and have a region of Spain in mind, let me know in the comments below and I will give you the details of places you can stay at that have organised walks.

If you are a regular visitor to this site, or have come to this site looking for information on Estartit, I apologise for this post being off topic.

Anyone interested in taking a walking holiday in Estartit, or the Costa Brava in general, should look out for the next post. I have been contacting some of the places I have stayed at in the Costa Brava to see if they still have guided walks. When the emails come back I will let you know the details.

For now, I would appreciate anyone who has taken a walking holiday in Spain, or is about to take a walking holiday in Spain, letting me know in the comments section below, as I am trying to gauge how much interest there is in the subject.

If you are the owner of a hotel, guesthouse, or villa, and you can cater to the needs of the walking and hiking community, let me know and I will publish your details.

For now thank you for taking the time to visit this site and for reading Walking Holidays Spain and watch out for the video on Walking In The Pyrenees. I will talk to you again soon.

For reviews and information on: Hotels in Estartit, Estartit Holidays, Apartments and Villas in Estartit, Festamar | Barracuda | Apartments, all the details you need are here!
Estartit Holidays, L'Estartit Hotels, Villas and Apartments, Reviews - Festamar Apartments, Barracuda and Miami Apartments, Hotels In Estartit, Costa Brava Hotels